Wine subscription services are becoming increasingly popular, and they offer a convenient way to broaden your wine knowledge and delve into the fantastic world of wine.
Another appealing thing about wine clubs, other than the fact that the wine bottles delivered to your door, is that they can also be very cheap.
This may come as a surprise to people who mistakenly think that wine clubs are only for connoisseurs with sophisticated palates and big budgets – but many cheap wine clubs offer an excellent and affordable wine club experience.
Our team at the Wine Club Reviews are experts in wine subscription boxes, and we are here to help you work out which wine club is the best match for your needs. Our knowledge comes from honest first-hand experience, and we provide a detailed insight into each wine club we review.
In this article, we focus on the bottom line price you pay.
So, Let’s Start – What is the Cheapest Wine Club?
Table of Contents
1. Firstleaf- Cheap Wine Club Plans
Firstleaf is the best example of an affordable wine club. It is also one of the best wine clubs with an introductory offer of six award-winning wine bottles, reds, and whites.
This wine club has a unique personalization process that assists in shipping you wines based on your taste profile.
Firstleaf is a reasonably priced wine club that makes your wine tasting experience as easy and fun as possible.
Firstleaf’s business model has cut out the middlemen in the delivery process and has partnered directly with many wineries. That way, they can offer members prices around 40% to 60% below average retail prices on great award-winning bottles.
Firstleaf Wine Club Main Benefits:
- Best wine club introductory offer that you can order for all red, all white, or a mixed box of both.
- An extensive wine selection, with a range of award-winning and top-quality local and international wines.
- Personalized tasting profile and rating wines system.
- Flexible service – option to choose your preferred delivery timeframe, whether it be monthly, every second, or third month, and option to change your selected wine bottles per box.
- Excellent customer service, with a 100% Wine satisfaction Guarantee.
- Tasting notes and pairing recommendations for every wine bottle.
3. Winc- Best value for money wine club
Winc is one of the largest and most famous wine clubs in the US, and it is a cheap wine club option for those who enjoy tasting Californian and west coast wines. Winc offers a membership service that is very easy and fun to use. Winc aims to make your wine tasting experience as enjoyable and accessible as possible
The Winc team of wine experts, along with their winemaker, mostly located in California, and sommelier Brian Smith, has created and curated over a hundred wine bottles over time.
The Winc wine club is a monthly wine subscription service. As members, you will get a shipment of 4 bottles of fantastic wines every month that is personally selected to match your taste – reds, whites, rose’, and sparkling wines.
We also found most of the wine labels, designed by Winc, quite chic. The labels’ concept seemed to be supporting the Winc premise that drinking wine is a light-hearted and fun experience.
Winc Main Benefits:
- An excellent pricing structure for casual wine lovers.
- Personalization process that includes wines matched to your palate profile per shipment – rate your wines to get best-matched future deliveries.
- Supporting best local west coast winemakers.
- 10% discount on all orders of 12 bottles (case of wine) or more.
- Flexibility – You can edit your wine bottle selection, skip weeks when needed, and cancel at any time.
3. Naked wines- Affordable wines
Nakedwines.com offers a unique and affordable wine club concept, making it one of the best wine clubs to consider. Their concept is based on over 100,000 customers (named angels) that regularly rate and fund their winemakers. This means that the NakedWine.com winemakers can put 100% of their efforts into creating outstanding wines at low wholesale prices.
Another remarkable fact that makes Nakedwines.com an extraordinary experience is that it provides customers access to a fantastic selection of high-quality wines.
NakedWines.com is known for working with many independent winemakers, both locals from different wine regions and internationals. You can find every type of wine you can think of with a great wine price per bottle among their vast wine collection.
Naked Wines Wine Club Main Benefits:
- Hand-made small-batch wines, made by real top winemakers from the USA and all around the world.
- Best saving – 40-60% off retail prices on bottles and cases of wine.
- 100% money-back guarantee on wine bottles you didn’t enjoy.
- No commitment, You can leave at any time or order on a one-time basis.
- You can find gift cards and voucher options available.
4. Martha wine co. affordable wine selection
Possibly one of the most surprising things about the Martha Stewart wine club is how affordable wine club it is!
Martha Stewart handpicks all wines that are available in the club. As you would expect, the club offers a range of premium wines that deliver an enjoyable tasting experience and are available at very affordable prices.
With the Martha Stewart wine subscription, you can sign up for three different subscription options. Although you don’t choose the wines you receive, apart from selecting the general “red wines”, “white wines”, or “mixed box” plan, it is still fun to be able to explore the wines and see what the Martha Stewart wine cellar has on offer.
Key Benefits of the Martha Stewart Wine Club:
- Premium wine bottles at an affordable price.
- Choose a monthly subscription delivery of 6 bottles or 12 bottles per shipment, or shop their online store whenever required.
- Receiving pairing and tasting notes from Martha Stewart.
- Club members have the option to skip deliveries or change preferences whenever needed.
- On the rare occasions that you are unhappy with a particular bottle of wine, you can replace it for free.
5. Bright Cellars – Premium Affordable Wine Club
Bright Cellars wine club is another great option for an affordable monthly wine club that promises four bottles of high-end wines of the best quality that are personally matched to your tasting palate.
The Bright Cellars two MIT grads co-founders developed a sophisticated pairing algorithm based on a short 7 question quiz. The algorithm finds wines that match each customer’s taste perfectly.
The Bright Cellars wine club is passionate about its wine selection. The company state that only 1 in every 12 bottles of wine that are tasted makes it onto their wine collection list! Their wine list includes very hard to find boutique wines from around the world – Italy, Spain, Portugal, and South America, just to name a few, known for their excellent wine production.
With Bright Cellars, you have the flexibility to choose your preference in terms of red, white, or a mix of both red and white box. You also have the flexibility to skip months or delay your shipments whenever you need it.
Benefits of Bright Cellars Wine Club Subscription Service:
- Quality wines at an attractive price per shipment.
- Personalized shipments based on your tasting notes.
- Huge wine selection from local and around the world wineries.
- Delight guarantee – if you receive a bottle of wine you did not like, Bright Cellars will help you select a free replacement.
- Club members have the flexibility to skip delivery when needed.
- A reward points system.
6. WSJ – Affordable Wine Club
The Wall Street Journal wine club subscription is one of the first in the industry to offer a 12-case or a 6-bottles wine subscription box, and at a great price per shipment.
The WSJ wine club has a vast selection of excellent international wines to be delivered directly to your door every three months. Many of the WSJ wines have won major wine tasting awards, and others have been recorded as a favorite by thousands of wine lovers online.
The one thing that stands out about the WSJ wine club is its unique price-attractive introductory offer – with a price per bottle of less than $10!
WSJ Wine Club Key Benefits:
- High-quality wines from top wine producers from around the world.
- The introductory e wine box is highly discounted.
- At least 20% savings on cases after the first shipping.
- 100% money-back guarantee if you don’t like a wine they send you.
- You can skip a shipment or cancel at any time.
- Option to choose all reds, all whites, or a mixed case. Can change preferences at any time.
- Tasting notes are included with each wine shipment, with info about the wine you’re drinking, the story behind it, and pairing tips.
- A wine concierge is available to you for free.
- Rewards and upgrades for club members, including magnums, luxury bottles, and credits.
Our Final Notes For the Best Affordable Wine Clubs Review:
Wine clubs are a great way to diversify your tasting experience and broaden your knowledge of the wine world. They also offer opportunities to take advantage of some significant savings on standard retail prices, with a range of wine clubs that offer an excellent cheap service.
Some provide membership services that are increasingly personalized, so your tasting experience becomes one that is ideally matched to your palate. Wine clubs means that you can enjoy the world of wine without spending a fortune or even leaving your living room!
Best Affordable Wine Club: Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are Wine Clubs Worth the Money?
We’re all about transparency, so we want to make it very clear – From our vast experience, we believe that most wine clubs are a good deal for wine lovers! Wine Clubs offer members prices that are around 20% to 60% below the average of the regular retail prices. Moreover, Most wine clubs offer great beginners promotions or introductory offers that take the prices even lower, and some also offer free shipping.
Q: How Much Does Wine Club Cost?
The best affordable wine clubs can start from around $13 per bottle, and the more upscale wine clubs (like the premier series of the California wine club, or Plonk, which is an organic and biodynamic monthly wine club) can cost $25 per bottle and more. Some wine clubs also offer free shipping.
Q: Other Benefits of Using A Wine of the Month Club Service
- Best wine bottles chosen by real wine experts – wine clubs offer a service where their in-house sommelier will pick the best high-quality wines. Sometimes, Wine clubs (like Firstleaf and Winc) even personalize your wine delivery based on your taste preferences.
- Wine Clubs Let You Discover New Wines – Without a wine club membership, many people get into a bit of a wine routine. Week after week, they end up purchasing the same old Malbec or Sauvignon Blanc. But did you know there are over 10,000 varieties of grapes out there for you to try? Spice things up explore new wines every time. Red wine, White wine, Rose wine, Sparkling wine – Whatever you like to drink, you can find it online when using a wine club subscription service.
- Wine Clubs Save You Time – Wine shipment arrives straight at your door. You can get the bottles of wine without going on long trips to your local wine store.
- Wine Clubs usually Offer Greater Flexibility – Based on your drinking habits, most wine clubs will have several options for you to choose from. You can sometimes select the number of wine bottles delivered with every shipment(two bottles, three bottles, six bottles, or even a 12 bottle case) and the timing or the frequency of each delivery. Moreover, wine clubs offer the option to sleep delivery when needed or cancel your subscription with no commitment.
- Satisfaction guarantee – Most wine clubs on the list above are so proud and sure of their wine collection that they offer a satisfaction guarantee. That means if you receive a bottle of wine you did not like, you will get a free replacement, free credit, or a refund. That’s an excellent customer service promise!
- Wine Club Members often gain from loyalty – Wine of the month clubs often have member loyalty or reward club gift schemes. These work by awarding you with points or credit every time you make a wine shipment purchase.
Q: How To Pick The Best Wine Club Service, Other than Price?
It is 2021, which means that you can buy everything online, and there are so many super cool wine subscription services available – there’s truly something for everyone.
Here are some tips on how to find the best one for you:
- Look a the variety of wines offered and how many bottles you would get with each shipment.
- Look at the Frequency of shipment – some offer a monthly shipment, some every other month, and some offer shipment every three months. make sure to choose the one that best matches your wine drinking needs
- Look at the wine selection process – do you prefer personally matched wines, or do you like to be surprised with new wine types to try?
- Look at the wine source – Some wine clubs offer only local California wines, some provide a worldwide tour of wine, and some even focus on only organic or sustainably grown wines.
- Look if the wine club offers special membership perks – like free shipping, free wine gifts, credit, reward points, and more.
Q: Why Use Our Review to Make a Smart Wine Club Choice?
There are so many wine subscription services offering a range of different special wine services; it is almost impossible to know where to start.
We are committed to giving you all the needed information on wine subscription boxes. We offer detailed wine club company overviews, comparisons, and best-of-lists, and much more. All of our reviews are bases on the hands-on experience of our team.
Thewineclubrevies.com is the place to start when you are considering using a meal kit delivery service or simply wanting to make a change from one company to another.