Last Updated on
California Wine Club Subscription
The California Wine Club is all about introducing you with small family wineries, mainly from California. The founders of the Club believe that small wineries are the most passionate in the wine world and their wines are the true hidden gems you have to try.
What is The California Wine Club?
The California Wine Club was established in 1990 with the mission of connecting artisan wineries from many counties in California (and some more) with wine lovers, helping them introduce their best wines to the world.
In the California wine club selection you can find wineries from Napa valley, Sonoma county, Orange county, Santa Barbara county, and also some from Spain, France and Australia. The club The uniqueness of this wine club is that it offers an amazing variety of club levels, to fit anyone needs.
The club offer:
The California Wine Club has five different “wine of the month” club levels as followed:
- Premier series – The original and popular wine club level, offering a tour of two award-winning bottles of wine per month from the wine country.
- Signature series – an upper-level wine club, featuring two bottles of wine per month of the highest-rated and most coveted California’s wines, including wines that won 90+ point ratings and are so limited they won’t be found anywhere else.
- International series – a wine adventure offering two bottles of handcrafted wine per month, from small artisan wineries across the world
- Aged Cabernet series – Features two bottles per month of features prestigious Napa Valley Cabernets, aged 8-12 years in stringent temperature-controlled conditions and ready to drink and enjoy now.
5. Pacific Northwest Series – Features hand-selected of two bottles per month of artisan wines from Oregon and Washington’s best family wineries.
Who is it for?
The California Wine Club is most suitable for people who wish to explore the wonders of local wines, with specific focus on California small family wineries. The club is a bit pricey in comparison to other wine clubs, but it features great first-class, award-winning hidden gems from California and all over the globe.
- Personal Wine Consultants who get to know your wine preferences and needs.
- $1 shipping for reorders of favorites wines. That is a save of up to $38 on shipping
- up to 50% off winery prices for reorders
- VIP Tours at the wineries the club feature, plus a travel guide full of restaurants, hotels and recommended stops in California’s wine country.
- “My Wine Cellar” , a personalized online wine experience, that helps you create the perfect selection which then suit your tastes
The website and ordering process:
The California Wine Club website is simple and easy to navigate. The subscribing and ordering process is also very user-friendly and clear to follow. The first thing you need to do in order to make your first order is the to choose the plan you wish to join and the specific features in your plan (type of wine, frequency etc) and click on Checkout. As a new customer, you will be required to create an account with your info and payment method. Once you create an account you can checkout. The wine box will arrive few days later. When we made the first order, we even got a confirmation call to make sure we understand the process and we thought it is very high standard of service!
In your personal account area at the website you are able to change your club plan, reorder wines you want at up to 50% off, manage your favorite club selections with the “personalized wine cellar” developed just for members – where you can create your own Tasting Notes and get instant access to a personal wine consultant.
The California Wine Club wines:
The California Wine Club is all about collaborating with small family wineries, believing that small wineries produce the best and most interesting wines in the world. The California Wine Club holds a portfolio of almost 200 different boutique wineries, many of which are california based from are indifferent counties like Napa, Sonoma and Santa Barbara, but also many international small wineries from France, Spain, Argentina and more. You can see their full library of featured wines under the “about our club” tub at the website.
We at the wine club reviews got to taste The California Wine Club premier series box collection, and were super impresses with the wines we tasted. our top picks were both from Napa valley – the Peju Sauvignon Blanc that was elegant, with delicate floral and pear notes, (The wine won a Gold Medal in the Alameda County Wine Competition ) and the Peju Piccolo Red wine blend, that was smooth and round at the finish, with a hint of cherries flavor.
The California Wine Club is a great alternative for wine lovers who wish to enjoy great boutique wines from small vineyards, especially from California, but also from other wine area from around the world. The club offer five different plans, starting from the premier series with great award winning wines for day-to-day drinking and ending with the Aged cabernet series or the Signature series, that offers high-prestige winesr.
The California Wine Club has an amazing portfolio, with around 200 small family wineries. The club also offer many benefits to its members, such as great discounts for reordering wines you loved, lower shipping cost, a personal consultant and more. We loved the wines we have tasted from The California Wine Club and we highly recommend giving this club a try.