Last Updated on
Quick FirstLeaf Review:
Firstleaf is an affordably-priced, fully personalized wine club with a large portfolio of award-winning wines, both international and domestic. The club cuts out the middlemen (importers, distributors, and retailers), and shares the savings with you, so you can enjoy amazing wines at much lower prices.
What is Firstleaf wine club?
Firstleaf wine club is a wine club that is all about making your wine tasting experiences easy and enjoyable. This affordably priced wine club offers a personalized wine club experience with a range of award-winning wines sourced from both local and international wineries.
With Firstleaf you can try wines from Napa, Sonoma and Washington and places as further afield as Argentina and France. Firstleaf offers amazing wines at around 40%-60% off normal retail prices. This is achieved by cutting out the middleman. They avoid the importers, distributors and retailers and instead partner directly with wineries and winemakers, which means huge savings that they are then able to pass onto their customers.
Firstleaf Wine Club offer
The Firstleaf wine club involves two different stages:
- Introductory Shipment – the introductory shipment includes a 6-bottle box of wines that have been matched to your initial tasting profile which is established after answering a few simple questions. This initial shipment then further develops your taste profile based on how you rate the wines that you receive. The club also offers the choices of special changing introductory box options such as the Award-winning wine box, the Founder’s Favorite and Big Reds.
- Club Shipments – every club shipment is made up of 6 bottles that have been personally matched to your palate profile. If you don’t like a bottle that has been included in your box, you can change this before the box is shipped. The first club shipment will arrive a month after the introductory shipment. You can then stipulate your preferred delivery frequency, whether it be every month, every two months or every three months.
Firstleaf – who is it for?
The Firstleaf wine club is ideal for people who appreciate drinking wine but who prefer an accessible and affordable wine experience. The Firstleaf wine club is great for domestic and international wine lovers alike.
Firstleaf wine club main benefits
- Many award-winning wines at attractive and affordable prices
- Great beginners’ promotion with their introductory shipment
- Wine selections are 100% personalized to your wine preferences
- Flexibility – you can select a shipment every 1, 2 or 3 months, based on your preferences
- 100% guarantee refund for wines you did not like from your delivery.
Firstleaf personalized process
Based on a few simple questions at the beginning of the subscription process, the Firstleaf team of experts will send you an introductory order of 6 wine bottles. After tasting these and providing feedback online, your tasting profile is updated, and the team will then begin selecting your next shipment. This process of rating all the wines you have received and tasted from the club ensures that each box you receive improves in terms of being matched to your personal wine tastes! From our experience – it really works! We tried and ranked the Firstleaf wine club for 6 months, receiving monthly deliveries, tasting the wines and then always ranking them. Each subsequent delivery, we received wines that better suited our taste preferences all because of our ongoing rating which resulted in a continually updated tasting profile.
- Frequency of delivery – you can choose how often you would prefer to receive your wine club box – every 1, 2 or 3 months.
- Personalized selection – with Firstleaf the wines you receive with each delivery are personally matched to your profile and your past rankings.
- Select wine preference – do you prefer red wine, white wine or a mix of both? You can specify the types of wines you would like to receive,
- Promotions – Firstleaf always offers a great beginner’s promotion for you to enjoy. Unfortunately, like all wine clubs, Firstleaf does not offer a free trial.
- 100% guarantee – Firstleaf guarantees a 100% refund, without the need to return the bottle, for any wines that you did not like from your delivery.
- Easy cancellation – you can cancel your Firstleaf subscription online at any time and get a confirmation email right away.
Firstleaf website and ordering process
The Firstleaf website is very well organized and easy to navigate. The subscription and ordering process is also super easy to follow. The website allows you to explore the available wine selections via their store link located on the upper left toolbar. This includes information such as full retail price, country of origin, pairing tips and more. You can also find many details about the club’s concept and its team.
To make an order, you start by answering 3 simple questions. Your answer will determine the wines that are selected for your introductory box. Next, you create an account and view your wine selection recommendation. You can opt to change your initial selection to a specially curated introductory box that can include an award-winning wines selection or a founder’s favorite selection. After this, you simply follow the checkout process. The Firstleaf orders usually ship within 2-5 days to the location of your choice.
We recommend having your box sent to a business or a verified UPS access point if you are rarely home during the day since any wine delivery legally requires someone 21+ to sign for the delivery.
When looking at the Firstleaf wine selection, you can clearly see that their expert wine team is always looking for the next up-and-coming wine trends, including wines that have won awards at multiple important competitions within the wine world. Since Firstleaf has direct relationships with the wineries, the prices you have access to are incredibly attractive and are usually priced 30%-60% lower than standard retail prices!
Firstleaf wine selection constantly changes. The club’s team works hard to find the best wines for their customers. Their list of wines is endless and includes hundreds of different styles of wines from all over the world.
- Red wines – Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Zinfandel, red blends and more
- Whites wines – Pinot Gris, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, white Blends and more
In our Firsleaf review, we tested these award-winning favorites wines from Firstleaf wine club
- Isolde’s Rapture 2016 Red Blend – An absolute stunner that has left judges and Firstleaf members amazed. This wine took home 95 points and a Double Gold medal (unanimous Gold votes from every judge) at the 2018 International Women’s Wine Competition and was voted “Best of Show” for red wines at the 2018 Denver International Wine Competition.
- Disorderly Conduct 2016 Dark Bold Red – Judges at the 2018 Women’s International Wine Competition unanimously awarded this wine a Double Gold, 97 points, and named it Best of Class.
- Hawthorne Grove Winery – won numerous silver medals, five gold medals, one double gold medal, and was voted 2016 Monterey County Winery of the Year.
- Avistelle Pinot Gris – this white wine was awarded 91 points and received a gold medal at the 2017 Critic’s Challenge. It is also one of Firstleaf’s all-time member favorites.
- Paso Del Tiempo – a true stand out wine, that received a double Gold medal at the 2016 Harvest Challenge and was also awarded the competition’s two highest honors – Best of Class and Best Red.
The Firstleaf wine box delivery arrives in a medium-size, labeled box. Inside the box, there are 6 wine bottles, packed in a specially designed wine carton which keeps the wines protected during the delivery process.
Inside each box, you will also receive an informative printed Firstleaf newsletter, with many interesting facts and articles about the club and its wines.
Firstleaf delivery area
Firstleaf currently ships to 43 out of 50 states in the USA. Here is the full list:
AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, and WY.
For deliveries, the company uses either UPS Ground or FedEx Ground. The delivery usually takes around 2-5 business days after ordering on their website to arrive at your door.
If you’d like to receive the most updated information regarding the shipped status of your orders with UPS, you can sign up for a UPS My Choice account, where you can track and manage your orders after shipping.
Firstleaf customer support:
Firstleaf offers wonderful customer support. They were very responsive every time we needed some assistance. If you have any questions about your subscription, the club, or want to learn a bit more about their wine selection and can’t find answers on the Firstleaf website, then we suggest contacting them directly. You can send a message to their customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Monday-Friday, 9am-8pm EST at the number: 1-800-461-7203.
If you are looking for a wine club that will allow you to enjoy amazing wines at affordable prices, Firstleaf is a great choice! The Firstleaf wine club offers a huge selection of hundreds of quality, and in many instances, award-winning wines sourced both internationally and domestically. Since the club has partnered directly with the wineries and winemakers, they cut out the expensive middlemen and are able to offer you substantial savings.
We enjoyed the wines we tasted from the Firstleaf selection, and in summary, we would like to say that we highly recommend giving Firstleaf a try!
Our team at the Wine Club Reviews is passionate about the world of wine clubs! Many of us have been using them for years and are experienced experts in all that this industry has to offer. We recommend using our Firstleaf review because primarily, we have done the hard work for you! Our in-depth review process involves us trialing each wine club that we review for an extended period of time.
We then report back on all aspects of each wine club service, ranging from how much information is available on the company website, to challenges with account management, the personalization process, ease of ordering and how we felt about the quality of the wines that the wine club provided.
At the Wine Club Reviews, not only do we provide company profiles, but we also include wine club comparisons and ‘best for’ lists for different needs like – These lists include things such as ‘Best wine clubs for white wines’, best wine clubs for international wines’, ‘most affordable wine clubs’ and much more.
We are constantly adding to our website so that you know you can always find the most up-to-the-minute information on our website. The Wine Club Reviews is all about assisting you to navigate your way through the world of wine clubs and helping you easily choose the best wine club service for your needs.