Last Updated on
If you would like to expand your wine knowledge and enjoy a new world of tasting experiences, all from the comfort of your own home, then wine clubs offer a service that is sure to appeal to you. Wine Clubs provide a way of receiving an ongoing selection of wines, handpicked by experts and personalized to your palate. As there are now so many companies in the wine club arena it can be hard to know which company is best suited to you. This is where we come in. At the Wine Club Review, we provide in-depth company reviews and comparisons which makes your decision all the easier!
Today we have a great wine club comparison for you. We will be looking at Winc and Bright Cellars. Winc is a Californian based wine club that specializes in Californian wines and aims to make your wine club experience as enjoyable and hassle-free as possible. Bright Cellars has been operating since 2015 and is a wine club that provides a monthly membership with a wonderful range of domestic and international wines.
So let’s dive into our comparison and show you what is offered by both!
The clubs and available plans:
Both Winc and Bright Cellars offer identical membership plans that are designed to be simple and easy to enjoy. The subscription for both includes the delivery of four bottles of wine every month. You can stipulate if you would prefer an all red, all white or mixed delivery and you also have the option to skip months if required.
Who is it for?
If you are a fan of Californian wines and would like to extend your tasting experiences with wines from this region then Winc is the perfect wine club for you. They are also great for people who appreciate a simple and hassle-free wine club experience.
Bright Cellars is ideal for novices to the world of wine-tasting and for those who have more developed palates. Bright Cellars sources wines from all over the world that otherwise would have been hard to try.
- Attractive pricing
- Very appealing for lovers of Californian wines
- Membership includes a personal taste profile that is constantly updated over time
- If you order a dozen bottles or more, you will receive an additional 10% off your order
- Diverse selection of international wines that are reasonable priced
- Delight guarantee – if you did not like a bottle of wine Bright Cellars will assist in providing a replacement bottle in your next delivery free of charge
- Your monthly wine selections are personalized to your palate
- Flexibility to skip months when needed
The personalization process:
Providing a personalized service is very important to the team at Winc wine club. As a member you will create a palate profile by answering a few short questions. This will determine your initial delivery and your feedback on subsequent deliveries will be used to constantly update your profile which results in wines that are increasingly suited to your palate.
Bright Cellars wine personalization process
The Bright Cellars personalization process beings with taking a simple seven-question quiz. The answers will be used to create your tasting profile and will determine what is included in your first Bright Cellars delivery. Then with every delivery you are encouraged to provide feedback on your wines, which allows the Bright Cellars team to continue selecting wines that are suited to your palate.
Winc and Bright Cellars flexibility
- Personalized selection – with both Bright Cellars and Winc, the wines that you receive as part of your membership are matched to your taste profile.
- You are encouraged to rank the wines you receive with each delivery, which ensures that your profile can be developed as an ongoing part of your membership.
- Promotions – Bright Cellars and Winc usually offer a range of tempting beginner’s coupons for new members to enjoy. Unfortunately, as is standard with wine clubs, neither company offers a free trial promotion.
- Flexible wine selection– do you prefer red wine, white wine or don’t mind either? You are able to specify which wine you prefer and change this whenever suits. You can also change any bottles that you don’t want to be included in your delivery.
- Delight guarantee – if you receive a wine that you do not like, Bright Cellars promises to help you select a FREE replacement bottle for your next month’s wine selection.
- Both wine clubs allow you to skip deliveries as often as you like, without any penalties or maximum allowances.
- You can cancel your account with both Winc and Bright Cellars at any time, by contacting their support center via email, phone or online chat.
- Bright Cellars Reward points – as a Bright Cellars customer, you can receive and redeem reward points from various activities. You can then use these points to have bonus bottles included in future shipments.
- Winc offers the option to buy wines a-la-carte, with 10% off your order when you order a dozen bottles or more.
The Bright Cellars and Winc delivery box
Both companies deliver their wines in a 4-bottle mid-sized wine box, that is clearly labeled with the company’s logo. Inside the box, there are 4 wine bottles, that are carefully packed in a specially designed carton frame. This style of packaging keeps them stable and safe throughout the delivery until the box arrives at your home.
Bright Cellars go the extra mile with their packaging by wrapping each bottle in a nice paper wrap which gives the delivery a lovely boutique feel.
The Winc and Bright Cellars delivery area
From what we can ascertain, both Bright Cellars and Winc deliver to most places in the continental US. Unfortunately, they do not offer enough information regarding their delivery area on their websites. In order to confirm if they deliver to your zip code, you can start the subscription process until you are asked to enter your zip code. You will then be advised if your zip code is included in their delivery areas.
The website and ordering process:
Managing your wine club account is super-easy via the websites of both Winc and Bright Cellars. Their websites are simple to navigate and creating your account and establishing your tasting profile is as easy as can be. Via both websites you can see your selections, edit your orders if necessary and skip a month or cancel your account whenever required.
It is important to take note that all wine deliveries require that someone 21+ is available to sign for the delivery.
The team at the Wine Club Review has the very arduous task of tasting a diverse selection of wines from every company that we review! All jokes aside, this is an important process we go through to ensure the information we provide here is from first-hand experience and is 100% unbiased. In this instance we were impressed with our tasting experiences with both Winc and Bright Cellars.
The beauty of Winc is that it is a very easy to use wine club. Their wines include over 100 hand-picked wines from the Californian wine region. Their wine list includes well-known and popular wines alongside rare boutique vineyard selections.
Bright Cellars is incredibly passionate about the quality of their international wine selection. They are proud of the fact of their tasting process in that only 1 in approximately every 12 bottles of wine makes it onto their monthly wine list. They love finding unique, unusual creations from boutique operators from around the globe. Regions include Italy, Spain, Portugal and South America to name a few. Your wine selections are personally picked from their impressive global collection.
Winc and Bright Cellars customer support
Both wine clubs provide very helpful and convenient customer support services. Following are the full details as to how you can reach Winc And Bright Cellars:
- The Wine Concierge team is available Monday through Friday between 9:00 am CT and 5:00 pm CT using phone number 1-844-223-5527.
- The Wine Concierge team email is email@example.com.
- Live help chat via the HELP button on the bottom right of their website
- You will find a very detailed FAQs section via this link – https://support.winc.com/hc/en-us/categories/203215708-Winc-Membership-Gifts
- Contact is also available using Facebook Messenger!
- Live chat via the support button on their website Monday to Friday 6am-5pm PT or Saturday-Sunday 7am-4pm PT
- Phone number – (855) 282-5829 with opening hours being between Monday to Friday 6am-5pm PT and Saturday-Sunday 7am-4pm PT
- For website contact, the form can be found here https://support.winc.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
We were impressed with the ease of use of both wine club memberships that are offered by Winc and Bright Cellars. In this battle, our preferred company is Bright Cellars. We honestly felt that their range of offered wines were better for a broad tasting experience and that their personalization process allowed for better ongoing selections. We also loved their ‘delight guarantee’ feature, which is a fantastic vote of confidence by Bright Cellars in the quality of wines that the provide.
Bright Cellars is our Winner!
The benefits of using wine clubs like Winc and Bright Cellars
You might be someone who loves the world of wine and would like to expand your tasting horizons. Alternatively, you might be a novice and would love somewhere where you can go to find out a little more about wine. Regardless of where you are at with your tasting experiences, you will find many benefits to using wine clubs like Winc and Bright Cellars.
- Affordability – companies like Winc and Bright Cellars give you access to an incredible range of wines at very affordable prices. Often these companies work directly with the wineries, cutting out the middleman so that they can pass on substantial savings to their members.
- Convenience – with wine clubs you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your own home to taste an extensive range of local and international wines. Wine clubs deliver them directly to your front door!
- Diverse variety – being a member of either Winc or Bright Cellars will give you access to wine lists that include a varied range of wines that are often difficult to access via normal retail channels.
- Flexibility – you are not locked into trying certain wines or having a fixed delivery schedule with either Winc or Bright Cellars. You can specify your wine preferences, swap wines that don’t appeal prior to delivery and skip a delivery whenever required.
- Personalization process – receive wines that are matched to your tasting profile.
The points to consider when choosing Winc or Bright Cellars
When deciding which wine club is the best for you, it is best to know what your priorities are. The following are some of the points you should consider when looking at both Winc and Bright Cellars.
- Price – if the price is a deciding factor and your budget is a concern, then look at the bottom line first.
- The flexibility of the wine selection process – if you would like to have input in deciding which wines are included in your regular deliveries, then make sure you check that you have the option to swap bottles when required and select your own choices.
- The flexibility of delivery – if you hate being locked into regular deliveries and would like to be able to skip a delivery depending on your schedule, check with each company to see how much flexibility you have in skipping deliveries. It is also a good idea to make sure that there are no penalties for skipping deliveries.
- Focus on local or international wines – some people prefer local wines from California or Washington, while others prefer tasting new wines from other countries around the world.
Why use our Bright Cellars vs Winc comparison?
At the Wine Club Reviews, we are big believers in wine clubs and have been using them for years! The following are some of the reasons why you should use our Bright Cellars vs Winc comparison and why our reviews are the best place to start when you are venturing into the world of wine clubs!
- We have years of experience in using wine club services and are easily able to spot the pros and cons of each company.
- We have a thorough and detailed review process which means that the information we provide comes from our first-hand experience. Our reviews are up to date and relevant to customer expectations.
- The wine club industry is now quite overwhelming. By using Wine Club Reviews, you will find all the information you need in one place.
- As well as compiling wine club comparisons, we also complete lists that detail the best wine clubs for different preferences and occasions.
Regardless of which company you choose, you will find an endless amount of information on the Wine Club Reviews, which will assist you in making this decision. Wine tasting should be a fun and easy-going experience, which is why the Wine Club Reviews is your best place to start!