Last Updated on
Wine Insiders is known for its affordable range of wines. It cuts out the middleman to bring delicious wines at affordable prices to its customers and club members. Wine insiders offer one-time purchase options and wine club options.
The Wine Insiders Review
Wine Insiders is a direct to consumer online retail wine shop and wine club. Wine Insiders is well-established, having been around since 1982. They are proud of offering exemplary customer service and an extensive wine list with wines from both local and international wine regions. A team of three professional wine curators with over 50 years of experience, manages the wine list of Wine Insiders. Thousands of wines are tasted every year by this discerning team, but only approximately 3% of those wines are accepted to become part of the Wine Insiders wine box experience.
Wine Insiders ensures that there are wines to suit every budget, occasion and palate on their wine list. They dedicate themselves to offering a convenient and straightforward online retail and wine club experience. Each delivery comes with shipment tracking, or you can choose instead, the option of their ‘Local Pickup’ service, which is available at over 14,000 locations throughout the USA.
Who is it for?
Wine Insiders is suitable for those who appreciate drinking wine. Both seasoned tasters and novices will be happy with the Wine Insiders experience, especially since they offer a large variety of wines. The Wine Insiders website has a section on its website dedicated to wine education if you want to learn more. The Wine Insiders wine list includes an extensive range of premium wines that seasoned tasters will be delighted to try.
- An extensive selection of premium wines at affordable prices.
- The Wine Insiders wine list includes an impressive selection of local and international wines.
- The Wine Insiders wine club offers the subscription experience of receiving 12 bottles of wine every 12 weeks.
- Option to pick up if you do not want to receive your delivery.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on wines you did not like from your delivery
- Receive free shipping on all orders of six bottles or more from their online store.
- Impressive and responsive customer service.
- Enjoy the flexibility to select red wines, white wines or a mixture of both.
- Flexibility to skip a shipment, change your wine selection before shipping or cancel membership at any time.
- All deliveries from the Wine Insiders wine club includes a satisfaction guarantee.
The Wine Insiders Ordering process
Whether you are ordering a Wine Insiders one-time wine box or signing up for the Wine Insiders wine club, you will find that the ordering process is straightforward. Their website is easy to navigate, and it takes no time at all to set up your account.
If you want to buy a Wine Insiders wine box, you just need to select the wines you would like to include in your delivery and then complete your order by advising delivery and payment options.
If you would prefer to receive an on-going 12-bottle delivery, then you head to the ‘club’ tab on their website and click ‘join now’. You will then complete the process of setting up your account, selecting your wine preferences and confirming your delivery details.
The whole Wine Insiders process is stress-free and their fantastic customer service team is always on hand if you need assistance.
The wines of Wine Insiders
The team at Wine Insiders are passionate about wine. Their statement is they taste thousands of wines every year and on average, only 3% of wines are good enough to be accepted for their wine list. As Wine Insiders cut out the middleman and work directly with wine makers and consumers, it gives them the ability to offer their members and customers an impressive range of premium wines at huge savings.
Their discerning team has worked hard to source wine from over 40 different regions from around the world. These regions include California, Washington, Argentina, Italy, France, Spain and Australia, just to name a few. Wine Insiders has an incredible selection of red wines, white wines, local wines and international wines on their wine list.
One of the things we love about Wine Insiders is that they tend to work with more boutique operations as opposed to bulk wine producers. This way of working means that many of the wines offered on the Wine Insiders website would be all but impossible to source via regular retail channels. You are guaranteed an incredible tasting experience as a Wine Insiders customer.
Few of the wines we enjoyed from wine insider wine club:
- 2015 Secrets de Bordeaux Rouge – This blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon and 30% Merlot is well balanced, offering a smooth and complex red wine from the historic Bordeaux region in France. we enjoyed this red with an assortment of cheeses on a casual friends evening together..
- 2018 La Petite Bilaude Cabernet Franc – If you haven’t tried Cabernet Franc before you will most definitely enjoy this bottle of the 100% Cabernet Franc La Petite Blaude. This wine was Made from cabernet Franc grapes from a few vineyards, in order to select the best grapes from each. We loved the end result. A great wine with great structure.
- 2018 Picaro de Chile Sauvignon Blanc – This Sauvignon Blanc is very refreshing, with quite intense citrus flavors and hints of green apple fragrance.
The Wine Insiders delivery
Your Wine Insiders delivery arrives in a specially designed wine delivery box that includes individual separator compartments to protect your wine bottles. Please note that you need to have someone aged 21 or more to sign for your delivery or you can opt to pick up at one of the many available pick-up locations.
The Wine Insiders delivery area
Wine Insiders currently does not deliver to the following states:
Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Hawaii, Kentucky, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota and Utah.
Wine Insiders customer support
Wine Insiders is proud of their customer service, and you are guaranteed to get a quick response if you have any queries or issues. You can get in touch via the following ways:
- Live Chat via their website. Chat to real people who are available from Monday to Friday from 9am to 6.30am (EST), excluding holidays.
- Email at email@example.com and a member of their team will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Phone their customer service team on (800) 615-7304 from Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 8.00pm (EST), excluding holidays.
Our team at the Wine Club Reviews loved the experience with Wine Insiders. Although they do not have a personalization process, the quality of wines included in the Wine Insiders wine club shipment was very good, and at a very comfortable price. We appreciated their satisfaction guarantee and the fact that subscription deliveries include free shipping and some extra gifts.
We were also impressed with the diversity of their wine store offerings, and we found that their website was easy and friendly to navigate and order through. We love how simple Wine Insiders has made ordering wine. For the quality of wines that are on offer, their prices are excellent. As a Wine Insiders customer or club member, you will have access to an impressive selection of hard to find wines from boutique wineries from all over the world. Wine Insiders also offers wine education in the form of tasting notes and resources on its website.
Their customer service is excellent, and their pricing is very cost-effective, so we highly recommend giving Wine Insiders a try.
At the Wine Club Reviews, we are passionate about the world of wine and have years of wine club experience under our belts. Our unique review process involves experiencing first-hand, every element of a wine club experience. We provide honest and relevant feedback on all details of a particular wine club including their selection of wines, ease of account management, the subscription process, customer service, delivery and most importantly, the wine quality.
There are a lot of wine clubs out there, and it can be complicated knowing where to start. At the Wine Club Reviews, we have made it easier for people to find all the information they need about the wine club industry in one place. You can look at our company reviews, our comparisons and our ‘Best for..” lists. Everything that we do at the Wine Club Reviews will help you navigate your way through the world of wine clubs so you can decide which club experience is best for you.
There can be a lot of things to consider when selecting a wine club such as Wine Insiders. We recommend looking at a few of the following things to help you decide:
- Budget – this can be a priority for many people. By working out a per bottle price, including delivery, you will be able to compare wine clubs on a price basis more effectively.
- Region of origin – some people prefer California wines, while others prefer a more global experience. If you have a definite preference, make sure that your wine club caters to this.
- Personalization – if you want a personalized experience, you will need to check if that is part of the wine club experience, or that might not be a priority for you.
- Flexibility – if you are looking at subscribing to a wine club, you will need to check if you can skip deliveries, cancel without penalty etc.
There are many things to consider when choosing a wine club like Wine Insiders. At the Wine Club Reviews, we believe that Wine Insiders offers an affordable and straightforward wine club experience with an impressive selection of wines from around the world. Wine Insiders is suitable for those who are new to wine tasting and those with seasoned palates. Their customer service is second to none, and we highly recommend giving them a try.
Wine Insiders offers a range of retail options where you can purchase a Wine Insiders wine box filled with a variety of wines providing different experiences. They also have the Wine Insiders wine club. This subscription service is the simplest way to enjoy a regular supply of wines hand-picked by the Wine Insiders team.
There are two steps involved in the Wine Insiders wine club:
- Introductory case. When you select your first 12-bottle case – red, whites or a mix of both – you will also receive three additional bottles of award-winning wine. This introductory collection is available at 38% off regular retail pricing. You will also receive free postage and handling on this delivery.
- Ongoing club cases – receive a 12-bottle case of wine every 12 weeks. Opt for your preferred type of delivery in terms of red, white or mixed. All Wine Insider deliveries are satisfaction guaranteed, include free delivery and allow cancellation of your membership at any time.