If you are a wine lover of worldwide wines, you should know that a wine subscription experience is a perfect way of broadening your international tasting experience.
Wine clubs offer an affordable and convenient way of introducing you to wineries from different countries and regions and tasting wines that would otherwise be hard to find. With trained sommeliers and wine selectors working with many wineries, including boutique and single grape operations, you will find that wine club membership provides access to a unique range of international limited production wines.
It’s not a secret that we love wine clubs! Our team at the Wine Club Reviews are experts in wine clubs’ usage and the tasting service they offer. Our knowledge comes from first-hand experience, and we can provide a detailed insight into the world of wine club memberships.
Here Is Our List of Best International Wine Clubs:
1. Firstleaf Wine Club
Firstleaf has put together an enviable selection of boutique wines that have been sourced from wine regions from all over the world – making it a fantastic wine club for wine lovers!
Firstleaf has made every effort to cut out the middleman and work directly with the vineyards and wineries to maintain reasonable prices. Their membership is all about enjoying the world of wine with minimum stress.
Firstleaf Main Benefits:
- Award-winning International quality wines at affordable prices.
- Membership includes a personalization process, with wine matching based on your tasting notes.
- Flexibility in selecting your delivery frequency – every month, every other month, or quarterly.
- You can edit your wine selections to ensure the bottles of wine are matched to your taste preferences.
- Excellent customer service, with a 100% guarantee refund for wines you did not like.
2. Naked Wines – International Wine Selection
A new kid on the block in the wine club industry is NakedWines.com. This club has an unusual format that gives its customers access to a fantastic selection of wines at excellent prices.
The premise behind the club is that its customers are not customers but angels. They are angels as their subscription or one-off purchase fees go towards funding winemakers.
These angels also provide ratings and reviews on an ongoing basis of all wines that they taste. Due to the set up of Naked Wines, they assist winemakers to focus on creating incredible wines. The angels then have access to a beautiful selection of wines that represent excellent value for money.
If you are a lover of international wines, you will be impressed with the extent of the Naked Wines selection. Some of their international wine cases include ‘Cabernet Around the World’, ‘Passport to France’, and ‘Passport to South Africa’, just to name a few.
Naked Wines Main Benefits:
- Wines are hand-made by a real winemaker, attractive to any wine lover.
- Great prices – 40%-60% off regular retail prices.
- A vast collection of premium wines to take you on a journey around the world – red wine, white wine, rose and sparkling
- 100% full refund guarantee on wines you didn’t like
- Flexible subscription – Invest $40 a month into your Naked Wines piggy bank, and use it to receive exclusive Angel-funded wines.
- Flexibility to leave at any time or order on a one-time basis.
- Wine Gift Vouchers available
3. Bright Cellar International Wine Subscription Service
Bright Cellars wine club is a fantastic monthly wine club that promises four of the best-quality international and domestic wines to be personally matched to your tasting panel.
The Bright Cellars MIT grad co-founders have developed a pairing algorithm based on a short 7 question quiz. This algorithm matches their customers with wines that fit perfectly to their taste.
The Bright Cellars wine club is straightforward and includes only one plan type; a monthly delivery of 4 bottles of the best rated and matched wines. You do have the flexibility to choose your preference in terms of red, white, or a mix. You also have the flexibility to skip months or delay your shipments whenever needed.
Bright cellars Main Benefits:
- Every wine bottle in your box is carefully selected
- Relatively affordable wines for wine drinkers
- Personalized wine selection based on your taste profiling
- Monthly wine supply from a great selection of wines
4. Martha wine co. – International Wine Club with Best Selection
Despite the name, you would be surprised, but the California wine of the month club offers a great International series wine subscription that features the best-handcrafted premium wines from small-production wineries from across the world!
Every wine club shipment box includes two different handcrafted wines that are hard to find, typically one red wine and one white wine (but you can also get two of the same red wine). Plus, with each shipment, you will also get tasting notes on the wines and wine tips.
The wines in this series come from wine-making countries like France, Germany, Australia, Argentina, and South Africa, just to name a few, and are all hand-selected and imported directly by the club.
California Wine Subscription Main Benefits:
- Monthly Shipment of handcrafted wines from small wineries from worldwide wine regions!
- Join this wine club and get access to a personal wine consultant.
- $1 ground shipping to most states on a case or half case of wine reorder.
- Love It Guarantee – If you are not satisfied with any wines, receive a credit refund.
- Club gift – VIP Touring and Tasting invitation for members.
- Flexibility to get a shipment monthly, every other month, or quarterly.
5.Gold Medal International Wines
The Gold Medal Wine Club was one of the country’s original wine clubs, with over 25 years of experience in delivering quality wine from all over the world.
The Gold Medal Wine Club offers six different memberships, and one of these plans is a dedicated International Wine Club subscription Plan. The Gold Medal Wine Club is well-known for its focus on Californian wines, but their exclusive International Wine Club will take you on an incredible tasting journey around the glove.
The Gold Medal wine of the month club provides three bottles of hard-to-find premium international wines per shipment. Their global wine list includes wines sourced from hidden wine estates worldwide, including Spain, France, Chile, and more.
The Gold Medal wine club focus on wines that have received medals or have been highly rated by wine publications and critics. As their priority is sourcing artisan and boutique estate bottled wines produced in small batches, you will be experiencing wines that would be almost impossible to source in any other format.
Gold Medal Wine Club Main Benefits:
- Award-winning and high-quality wine bottles only.
- Best worldwide wines, all from small-production and family-owned wineries
- A large variety of membership options to fit every taste and budget
- Up to 40% OFF Winery Direct Prices
- Enhanced wine tasting notes with every shipment
International wine subscription plans like those listed above are an excellent option for experiencing some unusual worldwide bottles of wine from boutique wineries that can be almost impossible to find otherwise.
Wine Clubs also offer a convenient service, with experts picking the best bottles of wine for you. Wine clubs are also very affordable, with substantial discounts on standard retail pricing.
Wine clubs are a fantastic way of tasting wines from around the world without leaving your living room! If you haven’t tried it yet, you are defiantly missing out. We highly recommend giving it a try!
Benefits of Subscribing to an International Wine Of The Month club
Joining a wine club can have a lot of great benefits to consider. Here are what we believe are the best ones:
- A discount price on wines, with most wine clubs, offer a 20-60% discount off the retail price of wines for wine club members.
- Early or exclusive access to unique best wine releases and many small production wines worldwide.
- Exposing you to new great wines that you may not have tried otherwise.
- Wine box that arrives every month straight to your door, with no need to visit the local wine store.
- Some wine subscription services offer invitations to parties and best wine events.
- Most wine clubs offer wine gift options for holidays and other special events.
- Most wine clubs offer a satisfaction guarantee.
- No heavy commitments! Wine clubs offer the flexibility of shipments and allow you to skip a month whenever needed or cancel your account at any time with no hidden obligations.
How to Choose the Best International Wine Club For Your Needs?
There are different needs for different people when it comes to wine subscription! Some can focus on the bottom-line price, others on the variety of wines on offer, or on how personalized are the wine boxes you get.
Naked Wines and Firstleaf are affordable wine clubs to join, with both allowing you to rate wines to improve future batches. Other wine clubs, like California wine subscriptions, offer a more upscaled premium wine experience, with many hidden gems and small production wines.
As far as optimization within personalization goes, Bright Cellars or Firstleaf are the best to match the wine selection to your wine tastes utilizing their top tier algorithm.
If you are looking for the widest variety of wines– Naked Wines and Firstleaf are great options that offer dozens of different wines for wine drinkers to explore.
Our Wine Club Review process
If our “Best International wine club review” was worth your time, then you can check out our other wine reviews – including the “Best premium wine clubs” and “Best Wine Clubs Subscription Boxes You Can Join.”
At wineclubreviews.com, we are wine lovers and acknowledge the many benefits that wine clubs have to offer.
Since there are so many wine club options out there, Our mission is to deliver in-depth reviews from our first-hand experience on each wine club subscription service.
You can check out the many different aspects of wine clubs we test out on this website, including reviewing each wine club service and comparisons between various wine club services!