Wine Clubs offer a way of extending your tasting horizons while not having to leave the comfort of your own home. The services offered by wine clubs are becoming increasingly popular, and as there are now so many wine clubs out there, all providing very different services, it can be hard to know which club is best suited to your needs. This is where the Wine Club Reviews comes in!
In this review, we are looking at the Best Wine Clubs for red wine lovers. So, if you are a Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Shiraz or Malbec fan, you should definitely continue reading!
Following is our ranking of the best wine clubs available for red wines:
Table of Contents
1. Firstleaf- Best Red Wine
At Firstleaf they believe that the wine tasting experience should be easy and stress free!
Their red wine selection includes boutique wines from across the globe.
Firstleaf has made every effort to cut out the middleman to provide direct access to wines that are priced well below average retail prices.
Firstleaf main benefits:
- A selection that includes international award-winning wines at reasonable prices
- Very appealing introductory shipment
- A membership service that can be personalized to your palate
- The option to stipulate your preferred delivery range in terms of every month or every second or third month.
- Their introductory shipment includes a “Big Reds” option
2. Winc Best Red Wine Selection
Winc is a wine club that has a large Californian-based winery selection and an easy-to-use wine club experience. Winc aims to make the experience of tasting wine one that is enjoyable and accessible for customers, with the best value for money.
With Winc, you will get a personalized monthly delivery of four wine bottles, and you have the option to define your subscription as an “only-reds” one. The Winc wine club has a selection of over one hundred curated wines, with many great options for red wine fans – from light wines like Pinot or red blends to complex and dark reds like Syrah or Merlot.
Winc main benefits:
- Option to select red-only wine deliveries.
- Cost-effective wine.
- An impressive selection of specially curated wines.
- Membership includes a personalization process, allowing you to define your taste palate and rate wines to receive well-matched wines in your deliveries.
- 10% discount on all orders of 12 bottles or more
- Many eco-friendly wines with minimal winemaking intervention and sustainably raised grapes.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed.
3. NakedWines.com Best Red Wine:
NakedWines.com is a one of a kind online wine store that offers both a subscription and a one-time purchase option. Its concept is unique and is based on over 100,000 customers who are named angels.
These angels rate their wines, and their subscriptions or onetime purchases are used to fund winemakers up-front. This means that the winemakers can then focus on curating amazing wines that will be available at super affordable prices.
We believe that one of the most attractive things about Naked Wines is that they provide great value for money. As a customer or angel, you will also have access to an amazing range of quality wines, which include an impressive selection of red wines.
The NakedWines.com catalog includes a selection of cases and individual red wines. Their cases can vary from specific wine types like Syrah or Cabernet to cases for a different event like the ‘Brunch case’, ‘Date Night case’ or ‘Luxury Fine case’. The cases or single wines can also be selected according to specific areas or countries such as California, all-American, French, Chile and so much more.
4. Bright Cellars Red Wine Selection
Technology has helped Bright Cellars create a unique pairing algorithm which means that their customers receive wines that have been personally matched to their palate. They have a huge range of top quality domestic and international wines in a monthly service format. Bright Cellars is all about helping their members discover the world of wine in a user-friendly and enjoyable format.
Bright Cellars main benefits:
- Membership includes the flexibility to choose a red only delivery
- A global wine selection with wines that are personally matched to your palate
- Affordable pricing
- Delight guarantee – if for some reason you are dissatisfied with a wine, Bright Cellars will assist in finding a replacement, free of charge, for your next delivery
- Flexibility to skip deliveries whenever you desire
5. Martha wine co. for red wine Selection
Whether you are a lover of big, bold reds or a cheeky pinot noir, you will love the Martha Stewart Wine Club for their impressive selection of red wines. The Martha Stewart wine club sources their wines from respected wineries from around the globe. The Martha Stewart wine club allows you to opt for all-red deliveries in your club shipments and you also have the option to shop their online store without subscribing.
Martha Stewart herself personally handpicks all the wines that feature in the Martha Stewart wine club. As a club member, you will receive tasting, pairing and entertaining notes from Martha Stewart, allowing you to make the most of your club experience.
Key benefits of the Martha Stewart wine club:
- As a club member, you can opt for all-red deliveries.
- Martha Stewart handpicks all wines that feature in the club.
- Enjoy flexible club membership with the ability to pause or cancel your account at any time.
- Club membership allows you to receive six bottles every six weeks or 12 bottles every eight weeks at very affordable prices.
- If you are dissatisfied with any wines, you will receive a credit or replacement in your next delivery.
6. Californian Wine Club
The Californian wine club is ideal for lovers of Californian wines. Their mission is to connect their customers with a diverse selection of artisan wineries from California along with some international wines. The Californian wine club has a wide option of club plans available and these options provide a plan to suit almost anybody’s needs, so as a red wine lover, you will find plenty of options to suit your needs.
Californian wine club main benefits:
- Personalized wine consultants who are trained to understand your palate
- All wine reorders come with only a $1 delivery and 50% off winery prices which means extra savings
- Members can take advantage of VIP tours of featured wineries plus receive a wine country travel guide.
- Can specify that you only wish to receive a delivery of red wines only
- One of the levels includes an ‘Aged Cabernet’ series
7. Gold Medal Wine club- Best red wine selection:
With over 25 years of experience in the industry, The Gold Medal Wine Club has been around for a long time. It has extensive experience in delivering the best wines from all over the world to its customers.
As a customer of Gold Medal Wine Club, you have six different plans to choose from. These are Gold, Platinum, Diamond, International, Garagiste and Pinot Noir. For each delivery and plan, you will always have the option of selecting a delivery that includes red wines only.
Gold Medal Wine Club is focussed on ensuring that their list includes only award-winning and quality wines. Their wines have received medals from major wine competitions and/or are consistently highly rated in national wine bodies.
They tend to focus their attention on wines that are produced in small batches in more boutique operations. As a result, you will be receiving wines that you would not find in your standard retail outlet. Club prices vary from plan to plan, but you can be guaranteed savings of up to 40% off recommended retail wine prices.
Wine clubs are an amazing way for you to enjoy the world of red wine, if that is your preference! You will have access to wines from wineries from all over the world that have been hand-picked for you and are often sourced from boutique wineries that the layman would not have access to. Wine clubs offer an affordable and enjoyable way to broaden your tasting horizons!