We write our honest review of each wine subscription plan or product, however, we might receive a commission or other compensation on the products we review to support this website. Prices can vary due to changes in promotions or policies. See our full disclosures here.
Our team at The Wine Club Reviews is passionate about the benefits of using wine club service. Wine clubs offer a convenient and affordable way to venture into the world of wine. They have attractive options for both those who are new to the world of wine and those who have seasoned taste palates.
Wine clubs are becoming increasingly popular, and due to this increased popularity, the industry is expanding rapidly with more companies entering the wine club arena. With all the wine clubs available it can be overwhelming working out where to start, but never fear, as this article is perfect for reducing the sense of overwhelm!
Today we are going to be looking at the best online wine clubs, and here is our list:
#1 Firstleaf online wine club:
Firstleaf is an online wine club that provides a wine club experience that is enjoyable and stress-free. This is an affordably priced wine club that specializes in providing a personalized experience of wines from local and global wineries. They partner directly with their wineries and winemakers to cut out the middlemen and bring substantial savings to their customers.
Firslteaf wine club main benefits:
- Local and international award-winning wines at affordable prices
- Personalized membership experience
- Flexible membership. You have the option to select the preferred regularity of deliveries in terms of monthly or every second or third month. you can also choose your preference for red, white or mixed wines delivery.
- Attractive introductory shipment
- option to edit and change your wine selections prior to delivery
Bright Cellars online wine club:
Bright Cellars is an online wine club that delivers on a monthly basis. Each month they deliver a selection of four quality and award-winning domestic and international wines that are chosen according to your personalized profile.
The Bright Cellars personalization process was created by their two MIT grad founders who have developed a pairing algorithm that is unique to the Bright Cellars online wine club. They are passionate about quality wines from around the world, and their aim is for their members to discover the incredible world of wine in an enjoyable way.
Bright Cellars main benefits:
- Personalized membership process
- Attractive wine list with wines from around the world
- Attractively priced
- Customer satisfaction guaranteed with their ‘Delight Guarantee’! If you received a bottle of wine that you did not like, Bright Cellars will select a replacement bottle in your next month’s delivery at no charge.
- Flexible membership options – skip deliveries when needed
Winc online wine club:
If you are a lover of Californian wines, then Winc is an affordably priced online wine club that is ideal for you. The Winc online wine club has an impressive selection of wines from Californian-based wineries.
They also offer a pleasing selection of international wines. They want people to enjoy their wine tasting experiences by providing an online wine club whose membership is both simple and easy to enjoy. Their team is lead by their winemaker and sommelier Brian Smith, who has curated over a hundred wines. The Winc online wine club membership has a personalization process that matches wines to your palate.
Winc Main benefits:
- Affordably priced online wine club
- A pleasing selection of wines with a focus on Californian based wineries along with wines from around the world
- Wines are specifically matched to your personal tasting profile
- Ability to edit your wine selection before delivery
- Personalized process that allows you to rate your wines so your profile can be constantly updated
- An attractive discount of 10% for orders of a dozen bottles or more
Naked Wines online wine club:
Naked Wines is a little different from the other companies on our list in that it is more of a unique online wine store rather than an online wine club. Their concept is one-of-a-kind and is based on over 100,000 customers (also named angels) who then rate and provide funds for winemakers upfront. This means that the Naked Wines online wine store has access to amazing hand-crafted wines that have been created just for Naked Wines.
Naked Wines offers a very attractive, affordably priced way of buying wine online, so we have included it on our list. As the Naked Wines team works directly with the winemakers, cutting out the middleman, quality, unique wines are available to their customers at very attractive prices.
Naked Wines main benefits:
- Unique wines, crafted by winemakers
- Attractively priced with wines available at 40-60% off normal retail prices
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed with a money-back guarantee
- Invest $40 a month into your Naked Wines piggy bank which you can then use whenever you wish to receive exclusive Angel-funded wines.
- Angels receive a gift bottle of wine every month
- Wines can be purchased on a one-off basis – no membership commitments required
Gold Medal online wine club:
The Gold Medal online wine club is one of the oldest wine clubs in America. It was established over 25 years ago and is passionate about providing its members with only the best quality and award-winning California wines. They offer their members the option of six different clubs that feature award-winning and highly recognized wines from California’s best family operated and boutique wineries. Their wines are not the sort of wines that would normally be available via regular retail channels. As a member, you can taste a range of wines from award-winning and highly rated boutique and family-owned California wineries.
- 6 different club options for its online wine club members that suit multiple tastes and budgets
- Award-winning, highly rated small-batch wines
- The best wines from Californian boutique and family-owned wineries
- Membership Rewards Program with members able to receive up to 40% off further purchases
- Members receive a full-color publication with each delivery which adds to the tasting experience
What is an online wine club, and how does it work?
An online wine club offers a way of broadening your wine tasting experiences with wines that have been sourced from all over the world. Wine clubs generally have a team of experts hand-picking their wines with many wines that are often not available via normal retail channels. Online wine clubs can vary from company to company, but basically a wine club offers a regular delivery of wines to its members, in many cases combined with a personalization process. An online wine club member receives the benefits of exclusive wines that are affordably priced. An online wine club provides a convenient and attractive way to increase your wine knowledge and enjoy a range of tasting experiences, all from the comfort of your own home.
How to choose the best online wine club for your needs?
If you are contemplating signing up for a wine club membership, there are going to have to be quite a few things that you will need to consider. There are online wine clubs that are ideal for beginners and others that are more suited to those with seasoned tasting palates. Following is our list of suggestions for things that you need to consider when deciding the best online wine club. Don’t forget that you can find all this information on thewineclubreviews.com:
Things to consider when selecting an online wine club
- Price and affordability – prices with each online wine club. If you are budget conscious then assess price before anything else and then go from there. Different online wine clubs can also offer a range of club levels and prices. If budget is a concern, then we recommend starting with the price first.
- Subscription flexibility – check with the wine club if they offer the option to stall deliveries, edit your wine selections, swap wines when preferred. Some people prefer more flexibility, so we do recommend checking as to how much freedom you have to make changes when necessary.
- Types of wine on offer – you might prefer red or white wine or prefer to receive a mixed delivery. If you do have a specific preference, then check with potential wine clubs if they cater to this.
- Local or international wines – you might love local Californian wines or prefer wines from Europe. You might be looking for a wine club for beginners that do not focus on any particular area but prefers instead to give their online wine club members a tasting experience that covers the globe. Or you might be someone who has been tasting wine for years and has discovered that your preference is for wines from small Californian family-operated wineries. Regardless of what your preference is there is a wine club that caters to them, and if this is a priority for you then start with where the online wine club sources their wine from.
Why use our reviews?
Our team at The Wine Club Reviews has been using wine clubs for years and is passionate about the benefits they offer their members. This is an increasingly popular industry that is making it possible to taste a range of wines from all over the world in an affordable and convenient way. All from the comfort of your own home. As the industry grows in popularity, many new companies are entering the arena. Navigating your way to a wine club that is suited to your needs can be a confusing process. Which is why The Wine Club Reviews was born! We wanted to provide a place where you could go to compare companies and read in-depth company reviews. Our team at the Wine Club Reviews undergoes a detailed tasting experience of every company that we review. This includes subscribing, updating our account, completing any personalization process, ordering wines, tasting them and participating in any feedback process if relevant.
This is a thorough and involved process and ensures that we can provide first-hand, relevant and honest feedback about all the specific wine clubs offer. Our “Best Online Wine Clubs” review includes companies that have been tested multiple times by at least one of our team. It is a great place to start if wanting to compare what we believe are currently the best online wine clubs available in America!